Setting up your Cornucopias player account
Creating a new player account on the Cornucopias website is the first step towards exploring the exciting world of Cornucopias. This guide will walk you through the process of setting up your account, including the optional additional steps of integrating with Discord, enabling two-factor security, connecting a wallet, and uploading your avatar. By following these steps, you'll be ready to immerse yourself in the unreal gaming experience provided by Cornucopias.
Setting up your Cornucopias account is simple and quick. Just follow these steps:
Enter Email, Choose Username, Choose Password
- On the Cornucopias site, use the “Account” link (top right on desktop or at the top of the expanded hamburger menu on mobile) and you will be taken to the registration page.
- Fill in the required information, including your email address, desired username, and a strong password. The username and password must meet the following criterias:
- Between 6 and 16 characters long
- Can contain upper and lower case characters
- Can contain numbers
- Can contain the following symbols _ - ()
- Minimum of 6 characters
- Contains at least 1 special character
- Includes both upper and lower case letters
- Includes at least 1 number
Verify Email with the Code Sent to Email
- Open the email that was sent to the email address you provided and copy the verification code provided.
- Return to the Cornucopias website and enter the verification code in the designated field.
- Hit "Verify" to confirm your email address.
Discord Integration (optional)
The next step is to connect your Discord account if you have one. Discord is a main communication hub for the Cornucopias Community. Follow these steps to integrate your Cornucopias account with Discord.
Connect to Discord and Authorize Cornucopias Access
- If you have a discord account, be sure that you are logged into “that account” in your browser at discord.com before continuing to step 2.
- Follow the prompts to authorize Cornucopias to access your Discord account.
- Confirm the authorization, and you will be connected to Discord.
Two-Factor Authentication (optional but recommended)
Two-factor authentication (2FA) adds an extra layer of security to your online accounts by requiring a unique code in addition to your password. This helps protect your accounts from unauthorized access even if your password is compromised. It is also very important that you look into backing up these codes. If you lose your phone, for example, you could lose access to your account.
Enable Authenticator App Integration
- Install an authenticator app such as Google Authenticator or Authy on your smartphone (links to these will be on the site during player account registration).
- Follow the provided instructions to enable 2FA and link your Cornucopias account to the authenticator app.
- Scan the QR code displayed on the screen using your authenticator app.
- The app will generate a unique verification code. Enter this code in the designated field on the Cornucopias website
Connect Wallet (optional)
If you own Cornucopias game assets, we can display them for you in your account. Connecting your wallet will allow you to view your in-game assets along with any other tokens held (coming soon) in your wallet. Your wallet will also integrate with the upcoming marketplace. For more information you can read up on the types of wallets on the Cardano blockchain. You will need a wallet that is supported by Chrome extensions. See the list on that page under the heading “Other Options”
Connect Wallet to Cornucopias Site
- Follow the provided instructions to link your wallet to your Cornucopias player account.
- Once the link is established, we can then display your game assets with a nice set of filters.
Upload Avatar (optional)
Adding a personal touch to your Cornucopias profile is as simple as uploading an avatar. Your avatar represents your virtual identity on Cornucopias, so choose an image that reflects your personality.
- Choose and Upload a Personal Profile Picture or Custom Avatar
- Prepare an image file that you wish to use as your avatar. Ensure it meets the platform's guidelines and size restrictions (minimum of 500 x 500 72dpi).
- Navigate to your account settings.
- Look for the avatar section at the top.
- Click on the "Update Avatar"
- Browse your device for the image file you prepared and select it.
- Wait for the upload to complete and adjust the crop if you desire.
- Save the changes to finalize your avatar selection.
Congratulations! You've successfully set up your new player account on Cornucopias. You can go to your account settings at any time to make any changes, like adding another wallet or changing your other settings. You can also enjoy the “My Game Assets” with videos turned on for a cool experience. More features to come soon.
Usernames and avatars must meet the Cornucopias family friendly standards. Those usernames and avatars that fail to meet the standards will be banned. See Cornucopias’ terms of service for more information.