Cornucopias is a fast-growing company launched just over a year ago and we are seeking a senior level network gameplay engineer to help with our multiplayer engine on Unreal Engine 5.
We are going through a huge growth phase and are looking for a number of junior, intermediate and senior people to join our expanding team of over 25 people.
About the position
As the senior network gameplay engineer, you will:
- Work with the technical director, creative director, and other core, simulation, and backend service engineers to make a multiplayer experience possible in Cornucopias
- Setup and implement our gameplay networking system for replication
- Create the technical designs for implementation of our multiplayer engine
- Optimize networking systems to improve latency
- Optimize and debug gameplay networking
Not all skips required, but helpful
- Experience building and shipping networked games in Unreal Engine.
- Experience with networking, RPC, and replication systems in Unreal Engine.
- 5+ Years Experience building games as a network-oriented gameplay engineer.
- Experience optimizing performance, memory, and network bandwidth of real time applications.
- Understanding of computer and console game networking systems and technologies, e.g. peer-to-peer and client/server models, latency compensation, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in C# and/or C++.
- Experience in troubleshooting and creating testing plans.
- Gaming experience - preferably also working in the games industry.
- Previous experience working in an Agile team.
- Knowledge of working with Asana.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self motivated and ready to learn.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Job Type: Contractor or Employee
- Paid Holidays (employees only)
- NFT Bonuses (all)
- Equipment supplied (all, where required)
- Well funded, job security
- Start Date: ASAP
- Health, 401k, etc in the works
The team all works remotely and is Worldwide with 2 core teams split between the UK and USA, so the working day is not a standard 9am to 5pm.
As a blockchain tech company, there are many benefits you wouldn't find at other companies, such as being rewarded with NFTs and other game-related items, as well as being allocated a share in the company's Cryptocurrency Token, which has seen huge gains since launching in December 2021.
As a start-up company, every role is important to us and can be challenging at times, especially when deadlines are close. We are an extremely caring company and there may be occasional opportunities to travel to corporate events and meetups which could be anywhere in the world.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work for a start-up company just before it's about to hit the moon.